Gorilla Guard Completely Wrapped Nylon Twisted Eye & Eye Web Sling - Type 4
Gorilla-Guard Abrasion Control
- Abrasion-resistant material is recommended for high-abrasion, heavy-duty slings
- Provides extra protection for the body, eye, and edges of a sling
- Gorilla Guard protective coverings match the chemical and stretch properties of nylon synthetic slings
- All-purpose, low-profile, heavy-duty lifting sling
- Easy to use and versatile
- Vertical, choker, and basket hitch
- Made in the USA
Nylon is the most widely used general-purpose synthetic web sling. Nylon is unaffected by grease and oil, and the material has excellent chemical resistance to aldehydes, ethers, and strong alkalies. However, nylon slings are not suitable for use with acids and bleaching agents or at temperatures in excess of 194° F (90° C). The stretch of a nylon sling at rated capacity is approximately 8-10%.
Type 4 eye & eye twist slings are identical to the type 3 slings except for the eye of type 4 is twisted to stand open. Eye and eye twist slings are recommended if the sling is to be used in a choker hitch. Basket capacities and web widths correspond with Type 3.
Synthetic Web Slings are the most common lifting slings in use today. They offer good strength and value characteristics for loads up to 66,000 lbs. vertical capacity.
*Most common sizes available for immediate purchase, contact us for ordering extended sizes, not in the drop-down selections.
(**Type 3 Pictured**)